Saturday, March 13, 2010

Notes on The DeanBear Chronicles - Episode 11

Rated TV-MA for adult situations and language

This is IT!  I know that I haven't been uploading any blog videos lately, but there have been too many demands on my time, both work and personal, to take the time to shoot and edit any video.  My last vlog video, on February 16th, I told you all about taking a weekend trip (February 19th to 21st) to Binghamton, New York to participate in a "bears weekend" event hosted by the Bears of Binghamton.  I took my Flip camera along to chronicle the event.  I debated whether to post this as vlog videos, but since I shot so much footage, I decided that it would be best served as a Chronicles mini-series.  ( I did this once before, with my "Stream of Conciousness In The Kitchen" four-part episode.)

I will be posting each episode over the course of a week, so you can watch each one and judge it on its merits.  Some of it is just me, Dan, and our friend Doug Smith talking in the car, some of it is at the two bars that co-hosted the event.  It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I hope that you will all enjoy it.

Part 1 - The trip down, February 19th

After a hard week at work, Dan, Doug, and I are headed to Binghamton to participate in the "Bears of Binghamton" weekend.  The three of us, in the TrailBlazer, spending an hour and a half just talking, and listening to music.  I managed to get some reading in, but mostly we all talked, and WE WOUND UP GETTING LOST, despite using the GPS to find our way to the hotel.  Doug acted like the horndog that he usually is when we see a police officer who had pulled someone over.

 

Part 2 - Off to Squiggy's,  February 19th

Dan, Doug, and I head out and walk to Squiggy's, one of the host bars for the Bears of Binghamton event weekend.  Doug is a little bitchy because I am taping.  We manage to run across a few people that we know from chat room events in Syracuse and Ithaca.  Like any other gay bar, it's crowded, noisy, and lots of fun.  I also talk about the difference between the gay crowd in Syracuse as opposed to the one in Binghamton.

 

Part 3 - More from Squiggy's,  February 19th, back at the hotel room, February 20th

One of the "highlights" of the night at Squiggy's was a performance by a "Dame Edna" impersonator performing "All that Jazz" and doing a comedy routine.  Not something that you would expect at a bear event, but it was different.  Back at the hotel room the next day, I just shoot the shit.

 

Part 4 - Grabbing some lunch, February 20th

Dan, Doug, and I pile into the TrailBlazer and we head out to Johnson City to the shopping area to find a place to eat (a Chinese buffet restaurant.) While in the SUV, Dan and I start bitching about the big mall in Syracuse (which is a sore spot for the both of us, because we hate it, but we still shop there.)  Doug is his usual snarky self.

Note:  Part 5 (the conclusion) will be uploaded Sunday night.)

 
 

Part 5 - Off to Merlin's, February 20th, and the trip home, February 21st

Dan, Doug, and I head out and walk to Merlin's. We had been there a couple of years before, and it was the same as it was then. It was interesting, a vendor was there selling "sexual appliances," and the night was intense, wall to wall men, and go-go bears! The next day, we head back to Syracuse, and you're treated to some nice rural footage as we head up Interstate 81.

Starring
Dean Basler
Daniel Bishop
Douglas Smith

Recorded on location in Binghamton, New York
February 19th - 21st, 2010

Written, produced, edited and directed by Dean Basler

The DeanBear Chronicles channel on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DeanBearSyr

My Twitter feed:
http://www.twitter.com/DeanBearSyr

The DeanBear Chronicles Website:
http://www.deanbear.com

Bears of Binghamton
Website: http://www.bearsofbinghamton.com/
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Binghamton-NY/Bears-Of-Binghamton/152512282111

mptlogostatic

 

A Mattydale Pictures Television Production

(c)2010, Mattydale Pictures Television and Dean Basler

No comments: