Sunday, January 01, 2012

2011, The Year That America Lost It’s Collective Mind

New year, new blog entry…where to begin?
Home:
Okay, to start I celebrated my first year as a homeowner.  I have been keeping up with the mortgage payments and all the other bills that are incidental.  Dan and I are happy that we have a place to call our own.  It’s been interesting, learning how to be responsible about people and your place in the world.
Family:
The rebuilding of connections with my family continues.  For a long time, I isolated myself from them, but because of tragedy in my family (the death of my brother-in-law Jim,)  I have been able to reconnect with my sisters.  (My brother is a lost cause, he chose to separate himself from our family.)  My sister Melissa is a big part of my life now, and we are now talking more and more.  She’s reached a transition phase in her life, and she calls me on the phone to sound off about things that she needs to get off her chest.  I am glad to help, but whatever path she needs to take, it has to be her decision.
My Job:
In July, we went to the monthly company meeting, and one of the owners floored us with the news that he and the other owner had sold the company to an employee-owned company.  Pretty much everyone went into panic mode at the news, but I took a more pragmatic approach to it.  Business in general is in a freefall, and sometimes aligning with a larger company can help everyone in the long run.  I did my research into the company that we became a part of,  and I like what is going to happen to us.  But of course, there are cynical assholes that I work with who try to piss on everyone’s mood.  I am cynical, but I temper it with a healthy dose of pragmatism.  I am willing to see how things shake themselves out. 
Politics:
Poly = many.
Tics = blood-sucking parasites.
This is the year of many blood-sucking parasites in American politics.  The total clusterfuck leading up to the GOP primaries has been a study in misspeaking, revelations of skeletons in the closet, and just a general WTF about everything that proves that American politics are CORRUPT!  And it has been on the Republican side.  I can’t wait to see how the Democrats fuck things up even worse.  And yes, I even posted a video about the Republican clusterfuck on YouTube (and I admit that I was half in the bag when I did it.)
The “Occupy” Movement:
I cannot fault these people for bringing attention to the vast inequality that exists in America today.  I am one of the 99%, I struggle with bills, I have to keep managing a decent way of life with the money that I have coming in, (and I count myself lucky because I live in a two-income household.)  If I didn’t have a fucked-up work schedule, I would help them in any way I could.  I lived through “Reaganomics ,” and it was a walk in the park compared to what we have today.  All I have to say is, I hope the hell you can effect change, we need it.

(As for the title of this blog entry, I am paraphrasing Sir Arthur C. Clarke, the author of 2001: A Space Odyssey and 2010: The Year We Make Contact.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010:_Odyssey_Two

My sister Melissa’s blog:
http://laughatmeeveryoneelsedoes.blogspot.com

-30-
© 2012, Mattydale Pictures, LLC, all right reserved.

1 comment:

Anusha Todurkar said...

A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, she never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing her, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, she slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail.com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.