Sunday, June 24, 2012

Two Weeks…

Here I am, sitting at my computer, listening to music on Spotify, and I am thinking about what will happen in two weeks.  Yes, I will be married to Dan.  We have our marriage license, all the plans have been made…and I still have butterflies in my stomach.  What really cemented it for me is the wedding that he and I went to on Friday.  Two people that he and I have known for a long time tied the knot (Jim and Charlene Baleno,) and we were invited to their wedding.  We had a great time, and it made me realize that couples NEED to be together.  When my ex-supervisor Richie Parsons married his long-time lover Lori, I finally knew it was time for me and Dan to tie the knot.  When you find someone who cares about you…grab them and hold on with every breath of your being.  Yes, I am scared shitless mainly because this is one of the biggest steps I have taken in my life.  But…I know that it will all work out.  Dan and I have been together for 12 years, and this is just another step in our lives.  Three house moves, medical crises, and other assorted bullshit things…we’re still together.  I love him.  He could have bailed out at any time, but he didn’t. 

No comments: