Saturday, March 07, 2009

A New Start

Well, my blog site is changing again...instead of just doing stupid ass childish rants, this is gonna be a little more refined. Most of the time, I will just embed my latest video, and sometimes I will also write commentary about one thing or another, and provide links to more information.

One of the things that I am doing is experimenting with Sony Vegas as an editor. It has some features that work very well. The cold open is an experiment using multiple chroma key effects, and it wasn't that good, but I will get better at it. The main title, the interstitials (the transitions between segments,) and my production company logo were first rendered using Art Of Illusion 2.7, a open source Java based CGI program. It was pretty easy to get it to do what I wanted to do. The end titles were handled by the Vegas software. Once that was done, I could upload it right to YouTube from the program. Slick, very slick.

Now, all I need is a proper digital video camera to shoot and upload in 16:9 widescreen, instead of my Kodak digital camera.

Well, here it is, the "pilot episode" of The DeanBear Chronicles.

Don't forget to leave comments and don't forget to subscribe.

Links to topics in the video:

The Jonathan Lopez story:
http://tinyurl.com/c2lhp5

Sony Vegas:
http://tinyurl.com/boyu88

Art of Illusion 2.7
http://tinyurl.com/353ljh




Some photos that were taken in October 2008:

When DeanBear and Dano went to That Place (in Utica, New York)

No comments: