Saturday, March 28, 2009

Notes on "Hate is a bitch"

Okay, I know the video looks a little crappy, I am still learning how to properly render in widescreen. I'll get it eventually, and my next episode will be in standard 4:3 aspect ratio, because Vegas doesn't seem to have a problem with that. It's all a matter of tweaking the settings to keep the audio and video synchronized, which is what I was having a problem with.

I do like having a proper video camera though, because it makes doing the video easier. The chroma key effects are much better, since I don't have to do much color correction on the video. I spent about 20 dollars at Walmart getting two reflector lamps (they came in a kit that was easy to assemble) and a couple of 150 watt GE Reveal light bulbs. They put the proper amount of light on the green screen, and if I sit about six feet away from it, plus have a small spotlight mounted on my tripod right below the video camera to provide fill-in light, the raw video is a snap to chroma key. (That is one of the reasons why I actually spent 95 bucks at Sony's website for the Vegas Platinum Pro package. Vegas is so much easier to use than Pinnacle Studio.)

Another thing: I know that this video is a little long, but the subject matter demanded it. Hate in any form should be discouraged and ridiculed. So here is the video, and I hope you enjoy it, or makes you think about it and do something.

The next video (which should be up sometime Sunday night,) I will take on the series finale of "Battlestar Galactica," which finally ended it's cockteasing and went out in an orgasmic blaze of glory (IMHO.)

Here's the link to Diversity Rules Magazine, where you can show your support to Jim Koury. http://tinyurl.com/dgw225

And here is a editorial on the threat itself from the Oneonta Daily Star:
http://www.thedailystar.com/opinion/local_story_084041522.html

The music that I am now using is royalty free and easy to download, courtesy of Jason Shaw and Audionautix.
Here is the link to his website: http://tinyurl.com/c2bhvt


There is also a Twitter feed to the right on my blog page, If I feel like posting what I am doing at that moment, that is what you will see there.

Here's episode 2 of The DeanBear Chronicles:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're come so far .. not .. EXCELLENT video